If anyone has been able to do it before, you can do it too.
If no one has ever done it, you can be the first.
What seems out of your reach now, gets closer the moment you
begin working toward it. There is a way to achieve what you
choose, when you commit yourself to continue taking action.
If you could have it all instantly, it would not be worth
having. For the real value of accomplishment is in the
You are smart, and motivated, and flexible and resourceful.
When you decide to make it happen, you will surely find your
Focus on the reason for doing it, the deepest reason you can
find within yourself. That will keep you going as long as
Achievement is yours to create, when it's something to which
you're truly committed. Get it done, and know the special
joy of making the world a better place.
When You Take 100% Responsibility For Everything In Your Life There Are No Mistakes. There Are Only Valuable Lessons!
by Beau Henderson
We’re through the holidays and just a week into the New Year … I spent New Year's Eve and the first days of 2012 talking to friends and clients about their goals and hopes for 2012. It’s true … everyone is looking forward to the new year as a chance to start fresh, to redirect their energy to the things they want to accomplish most. Looking forward is great, and it’s important. But as we plan the list of things we will do in 2012, it’s equally important to look back at what has happened in our lives with the assumption that there is NO failure, only feedback … that there are no mistakes only valuable lessons.
What an amazing finish to 2011 and start to 2012! We started celebrating New Year's Eve at 12:00 pm EST on the 31st with a couple of great friends on the New Year's Eve RichLife show right from the WDUN radio station studio. It was our THIRD 🙂 New Year RichLife Radio Show!
The theme of this very special show was – wrapping up 2011 with a review of the past year's results to make sure that it was a successful year, learning from the lessons of the past year and taking those lessons forward into 2012 to really have the upcoming year be what we want it to be – a successful year based on certainty not luck!
Don't be afraid to look back at 2011 and be REAL about it.
Deal with what shows up for you and take 100% responsibility for your results!
You are the only one who is responsible for your results because the only thing you have control over is what you do!
There are no mistakes. There are only valuable lessons!
Remember … you have got to be REAL to be RICH!
Men succeed when they realize their failures are the preparation for their victories – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here are five things that I recommend all of my financial planning clients do to help themselves gain clarity on their journey to living their definition of a RichLife:
- Reflect and be honest about it. You have to be real to be rich. Take inventory of what you wanted to accomplish. Ask yourself, "What were my wins? What didn’t work out the way I wanted it to? What did I do to create that result? How could I have changed my response to that to have gotten a better result? And what were the lessons I learned for that I can take to move forward?" Those lessons contain the exact answers for us to have exactly what we want going forward. Your 2011 inventory will arm you with the experience you need to be sure that, every year, your list of wins gets longer and longer.
- Take the lessons learned and then let it go. Once you’ve given 2011 a good, hard look, put a lid on it. Too many people will hang on to what happened last year, and that won’t help you find success. Take those lessons from last year as exactly what they are: lessons, experiences to prepare you to win big in 2012.
- Write it down. As a financial planner, I urge people to write out their intentions and goals each year. It's important to be crystal clear and very specific on what is it you want to have in 2012. This exercise gives you something to measure against when 2013 comes around. It will also help you find out what was really important to you. By doing this every year – recording intentions, measuring against them and then resetting – that gives you the best chance to achieve your goals. It works for finances, but you can do the same with all your goals: health, recreation, business and spiritual.
- Take action every day. Once you have identified what your goals are for 2012, take action every day to move closer to those very clear goals that move towards what you really want
- Take 100% responsibility for everything in your life. Change your response to get the result you want.
2011 was a memorable year for people all over the world. The current state of the economy and reports from Wall Street left many people confused and unsure about many of the things they were once certain of in their lives. One of the things that I have experienced in my own life, is that gratitude reduces negativity. It is impossible to be negative about something when you are thinking about things for which you are grateful. Gratitude helps us focus on creating more of what we want. Being actively aware of all our blessings, and being actively grateful for them, allows us to focus more clearly on what we do want in our lives and allows more of those wonderful things to appear in our lives.
As a way of showing my gratitude to everyone who shared their RichLife stories with me throughout 2011, I held a "Best RichLife Story" holiday video contest from November 24, 2011 to December 24, 2011. The videos that came in were brilliant. They were so good that I actually had to ask my grandmother to help me choose the winner. And two of the participants, Elise Adams and Dr. Bill Lampton (Dr. Bill won the contest) were special guests on the New Year's Eve RichLife Show.
Click On The Player To Listen To The Entire RichLife Show Broadcast
This Is One Show You Do Not Want To Miss!!
Do Not Give Up! Incomplete Successes Are NOT Failures. Every Baby Step Counts! ~ Elise Adams
Elise could have very easily succumbed to living a marginal life filled with pain, hopelessness and abuse. However, by acting 100% responsible for her life, she found her life's mission in the messes of her past and is now serving others by helping them transform their pain filled pasts into a fantastic future. Elise is truly living her RichLife – a life filled with passion and purpose. You can listen to her inspiring story by listening to the recording of the show!! Be sure to take a minute and stop by her website, AdamsOrganizing.com, to say "Hi" and check out what she has going on right now!
Taking Action Is The Key To Creating Favorable Conditions For Winning Big! ~ Beau Henderson
Dr. Bill Lampton treasures every single day of his life because he almost died when he was a young boy and was saved by an experimental miracle drug! His insights about what really makes life rich are inspiring. Stop by Dr. Bill's website, TheCompleteCommunicator.com where he offers "Championship Communication" tips that will help you Change Your Communication and Change Your Life!
I hope that you enjoyed those interviews as much as Elise and Dr. Bill enjoyed doing them!! Hopefully we will be able to get them back on the show again 🙂 I am so excited by all of the possibilities that 2012 is bringing to all of us!! I can't wait to hear more of YOUR RichLife stories!! Your stories make all the difference in the world to me and to so many other people! If you've got a RichLife story, I want to hear about it. Send us your story and it could be featured on one of our upcoming RichLife Radio broadcasts and in our newsletter!
You May Enjoy These Articles As Well...
Is It Time For Your Retirement CPR (Comprehensive Planning Review)?
When you look at your overall financial picture, what do you see? Do you see ...read more
Happy Holidays & New Year from RichLife Advisors
During this season of resolutions and goals, I wanted to take a moment to look ...read more